More than 42 years returning smiles to international and national patients.
We are proud of our diverse team of experienced dental professionals, dentists, and doctors that have made Colina Dental a recognized leader in Costa Rica dental care and global dental tourism.
In our team, there are specialists in all dental procedures: Prosthodontics, Implantology, Endodontics, Cosmetic Dentistry, Periodontics, Maxillofacial Surgery, Orthodontics, and Pediatric Dentistry.
Each member of the team has trained in the best universities in Costa Rica and some other countries such as the USA, Mexico, Chile, and Colombia, among others. In addition to the experience gained by each of them in the exercise of their profession, they all keep up-to-date in the advances in their fields by participating in courses, seminars, and conferences several times a year.
Meet Our Team
Dr. John Gillen
Colina Dental team member since 2013.
Specialist in Prosthodontics, Universidad de Chile.
- Doctor of Dental Surgery. Universidad Latina de Costa Rica 2000-2005.
- Specialist in Oral Rehabilitation (Prostodontics). Universidad de Chile 2010-2012.
- Professional Training in Implant Surgery. Universidad de Chile 2012.
- Professional Training in Contemporary and Aesthetic Dentistry. University of Minnesota 2008.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Fixed Prosthodontics. Universidad de Chile 2011.
- Professional Training in Cerec (CAD CAM) Technology.
- Multidisciplinary Approach For Implant Patients Harvard School of Dental Medicine -2016.
Dr. Mauricio A. Clare Castro
Since the beginning of his dental training, Dr. Clare’s passion has been to help restore or create fantastic smiles for his patients.
This passion has led him to specialize in implants and complex restorations allowing him to resolve dental issues both big and small, all with incredible results.
Dr. Clare is an active member in good standing of both the Costa Rican College of Dental Surgeons and the Colombian Prostodontics Association and has been published numerous times on topics relating to implantology and complex restorations.
- Specialist in Oral Rehabilitation (Prosthodontics). Pontifical University Xaveriana, Bogotá Colombia.
- Fellowship in Implant Dentistry, University of Miami 2013.
- Continuum Program implantology, University Harvard, Boston 2015-2016.
- Professional Training in Implant Surgery and Full Rehabilitation.
- Cad-Cam Cerec Experience since 2012.
- Member of College of Dentists since 2008.
- Doctor of Dental Surgery Universidad latina de Costa Rica.
Dr. Oscar Conejo
Founder of Colina Dental (1979).
Doctor of Dental Surgery. Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (1976).
Daily practice in restorative Endodontics and preventive dentistry.
Member of the College of Dentists of Costa Rica since 1980.
- ENDODONTICS Advanced Course. ULACIT 2011.
- MICROSCOPIC ENDODONTICS Course. 2007.
- Refresher Course in Endodontics. Veritas University 2004.
- NATIONAL SENIOR TENNIS CHAMPION 2012.
- Competitor Senior World Tennis Tournament (2009 – 2012).
- National Tennis Champion (Category A) 1980.
Dr. Maricarmen Gutiérrez
Founder of Colina Dental (1979).
Esthetic Dentistry: Brazilian Academy of Esthetic Dentistry (ABOE): 2004.
Oral Implant Rehabilitation: Universidad Latinoamericana de Ciencia y Tecnología de Costa Rica: 2006.
- Member of Costa Rica College of Dentists since 1980.
- Member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry: 2006.
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists- Emphasis- Prosthodontics. Doctor of Dental Surgery- Universidad de Guadalajara, México- 1975.
- Creator & Founder of Dental Hygienist and Dental Assistants.
- Program at ULACIT.
- Leader in the local community.
- Frequents the gym and loves swimming.
Dr. Tatiana Madrigal
Colina Dental team member since 2003.
Specialist in Periodontics, Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, México, 1998.
Master in Science, U.A.N.L. México 1998.
- Professor and Head Chairwoman: Universidad Latina 1999 – 2005.
- Training Course in Oral Implantology 2010.
- Professor of Periodontics at Universidad Latina de Costa Rica.
- Doctor in dental surgery, Universidad de Costa Rica. 1993.
- Member of Colegio Cirujano Dentistas.
- Recognized by Costa Rican Board of Dentistry.
- Member of ICOI (International Congress of Oral implantologist.
Dr. Ana Lucia Azofeifa
Colina Dental team member since 2016.
Specialist in pediatric dentistry, dedicated to the oral health of children from birth through infancy and adolescence, emphasizing in the promotion of dental health and early diagnosis, offering as well to the parents educational resources to prevent desease in first stages.
Specialist in Pediatric Dentistry, University Barcelona, Spain 2013-2014.
Master dentistry practice in Clinical Dentistry; behavioral management of healthy and uncooperative children using conscious sedation and nitrox oxide.
Hospital residence- a year, in one of the leading medical centers in Europe for childhood and adolescence. Saint Joan de Deu’ s Hospital, Barcelona, 2014-2015. Behavioral management of children with systemic diseases and behavioral problems; conscious sedation, and general anesthesia.
- Oontopediatrics Dentistry, Certificate, Madrid, Spain 2015.
- Doctor Dental Surgery, Universidad Latina de Costa Rica 2007-2012.
- Member of Costa Rica College of Dentists since 2012.
Dr. Ana Graciela Varela Valverde
Master in Orthodontics. Universidad Intercontinental, Mexico (2015-2017).
Member of the American Association of Orthodontists.
Dentistry Bachelor Degree. Universidad Latina, San Pedro. 2013.
- Course: ”Rehabilitation and functional aesthetics". Academia DaVincis Dental Centre, Dr. Delfín Barquero, 2014.
- Invisalign Certification, México D.F. 2017.
- Technical Certification MBT 3M Unitek México D.F. 2016.
- American Association of Orthodontics (AAO) Congress Washington DC, USA 2017.
- Congress of the Mexican Association of Orthodontics Mexico City 2017.
- American Association of Orthodontics (AAO) Congress San Diego California, USA 2017.
- Workshop Forsus, Corrector Class II, Summit of Innovation 3M Cuidad de México June, 2017.
- 3M Mexico City Innovation Summit June 2017.
- Presentation at the annual congress of the Sonoran College of Orthodontics, October 2016.
- Congress of the Mexican Association of Orthodontics Miami 2016.
- 3M Innovation Summit. Mexico, April 2016.
Dr. Mauricio Fonseca Diaz
Post Graduate Studies
Pontificia Universidad Católica Argentina, Buenos Aires (March 2010 – December 2013).
- Faculty of Medical Sciences.
- Specialization Program in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Traumatology.
- Residency Program.
- Chief Resident (2013).
Dr. Claire Arnould
Colina Dental team member since 2011
In 2010, Dr. Arnould graduated as an Odontologist at the University of Lille 2 in France and completed the Orthodontics and Dental-Facial Orthopedic Diploma in Paris.
- Doctor of Dental Surgery, University of Lille, France. 2004-2010.
- Title recognized and equated by the University of Costa Rica. 2013.
- Diploma in Orthodontics and Dento-Facial Orthopedics, Paris, France. 2009-2011.
- Member of the College of Dental Surgeons of France.
- Member of the College of Dental Surgeons of Costa Rica.
- Trilingual: French, Spanish, English.
- March 2019: CPR training endorsed by the AHA.
From restorative dentistry to the latest cosmetic dental procedures, Colina Dental offers a full complement of dental services at considerable savings over most US dental prices. How big are the savings? Most dental service prices at Colina Dental are 50% to 80% less than the same services in the US!
World Class Facilities
Do you want to see 360 images from our clinic? Take a look at our Google My Business here!
Before and After
"As a Canadian client being very far from home I can assure you that I was very nervous!! I was about to get gum surgery and a new set of crowns for all my upper teeth. Dr. John Gillen gave me the smile I was looking for. He was extremely professional and gave me top-notch service and quality !! his coworker Ana answered all my questions and concerns during the process even on evenings and weekends. I'm really happy with the results and wouldn't change a thing! my wife is so pleased that next time we go visit she wants hers done as well. I give DR Gillen and his team my 5 stars review and recommend anyone to visit the clinic for some dental work."
- Kevin Harvey (2021)
"I have just finished with my upper jaw problems with Dr. Clare. He was extremely professional and explained exactly what he was about to do before each procedure.
This included a sinus lift, a bone graft, extraction, two implants, and two crowns over the implants.
Their facilities are immaculate with very modern equipment I have never seen in the States. The procedures are first class to deal with the pandemic. You are prepared as if you are going into a hospital for an operation Including gown, head, and footwear. I highly recommend Colina Dental."
- William Merritt (2020)
"I travel from the USA with my boyfriend to Costa Rica for “costly” dental work and this is an excellent group. My boyfriend has had an extraction, bovine replacement, two implants and a few crown replacements. We just got back again on November 15, 2020, and although I did not have dental work done, I sat in the office while he did for a week. Sometimes for 2 or 3 appointments in one day. This group is very detail-oriented, they are perfectionists and the assisting staff is wonderful. Whatever your dental need is, they can accommodate it. And of course, the prices are crazy great compared to U.S. prices. If you don’t speak English, you can speak with Anna and she will set up and assist you through the entire scheduling process. I cannot say enough good things about what I saw going on while spending so much time in their office waiting. They do really good work, they are really a good group of professionals, and most of all they are caring people."
- Annette Carlson (2020)
Chat With Us
We have a full time team ready to serve you!
Use the WhatsApp button below to be connected to us instantly.
You can also reach us at: (305)799-6765.
We look forward to speaking with you!