Your care will be provided by highly educated, trained, experienced and specialized healthcare providers.
Dentists, doctors, nurses and support staff
Studied and trained at the best universities and hospitals in the USA and throughout the world. To learn more about our healthcare providers, please register here To learn more about our healthcare providers, please register here
Multilingual doctors and support staff
You'll feel right at home because all your communication needs
will be met.
Your healthcare is the focal point.
1:2 nurse to patient ratio vs 1:10 on average in most countries.
World-Class Healthcare System
Ranked 2nd best healthcare system in the world by Global Health Intelligence
Ranked healthiest country in Latin America when compared to other regional options
Consistent high-quality services
Every doctor and medical facility in the Patient Journey network carries the ProMed (Costa Rica's Health Chamber) seal of approval.
Ideal geographic location
Short, direct flights available from many US cities.
Highest medical standards
Medical facilities that meet the highest medical standards in the world (Joint Commission International accredited).
Access to procedures and treatments that may not be accessible where you live due to local, regional or national laws/regulations.
State Of The Art Facilities
Hospitals and clinics that meet the highest medical standards in the world.
Procedures And Treatments
50-70% savings versus your cost at home.
|Procedure||US cost||Costa Rica cost||Savings|
|Full mouth reconstruction||$70,000||$18,000||$52,000 (74%)|
|Knee replacement||$45,000||$18,000||$27,000 (60%)|
|Hip replacement||$55,000||$20,000||$35,000 (64%)|
|Face lift||$15,000||$5,900||$9,100 (61%)|
|Breast implants||$15,500||$6,500||$9,000 (58%)|
|Heart bypass||$123,000||$27,000||$96,000 (78%)|
Your Health Insurance Policy May Cover Part Or All Of The Costs Associated With Your Medical Treatment
If your medical procedure is covered at home by your insurance policy, it's very likely it is also covered in Costa Rica as an "out-of-network" provider. You have the right to ask your insurance provider.
You Are Protected
Hospitals, clinics and doctors carry medical liability insurance policies for your protection.
In the remote chance a complication occurs with your treatment, you are protected.
ProMed - An added layer of safety and security.
ProMed is Costa Rica’s health chamber, created exclusively to ensure that international patients visiting Costa Rica receive consistent, high-quality medical and dental services from its members. Patient Journey ONLY offers healthcare providers who carry the ProMed seal of approval.
An extra layer of protection.
You can purchase medical travel insurance that will pay for any unforeseen financial needs during or after your medical treatment trip.
IMPORTANT: Covid-19 insurance is mandatory, click here for details.
Costa Rica Is Safe, Modern And Ideally Located
Costa Rica history facts
- Gained independence on September 15th, 1821.
- Slavery abolished in 1824 (The US did it in 1865) & a democracy since 1848 (The US in 1796).
- The Army was abolished in 1948.
- Women were given the right to vote in 1950 (The US in 1920).
- Costa Rica has two modern international airports: The largest, Juan Santamaría Airport (SJO) and Daniel Oduber Airport (LIR).
- International airports have an expedited immigration process (average immigration and baggage process time at arrival is 25 minutes).
- See COVID-19 video
Rehab Services When You
Your own insurance policy has a rehab network you can tap into.
US-based rehab network
Your Costarrican doctor can recommend a US-based rehab network.
Other rehab centers
You can contact a rehab center of your choice.
Recovery In Paradise Is An Option
Post-procedure recovery is possible at a beach or mountain resort; it depends on your condition and only with your doctor's approval.
How It Works
1. Patient navigates Patient Journey's website and decides to CALL, EMAIL or CHAT.
- A. EMAIL: Your inquiry is sent directly to a qualified healthcare provider based on your needs.
- B. CHAT: Our customer service is avaible to answers your questions Mon-Sun 8:00am - 6:00pm EST. We connect you to a qualified healthcare provider based on your needs.
2. Your free consultation is directly managed by a qualified medical facility/healthcare provider (no intermediaries).
3. An agreement is reached between patient/insurance company (if health insurance policy is involved) and healthcare provider(s).
4. VIP/Concierge travel package is arranged and submitted to patient/health insurance company for approval.
5. Travel package includes: full medical treatment package for which patient is visiting Costa Rica, pick up at the airport by our authorized personnel, lodging at a 3+ star hotel, all needed ground transportation (including to and from hotel to the clinic or hospital), and back to the airport for a safe return home.
- A. Unlike other countries, where post-procedure care might be arranged in a recovery home, all hotel lodging provided meets or exceeds the health and safety standards required by our healthcare provider network.
6. Patient has to arrange his/her flight to Costa Rica (this is the only aspect of the trip each patient must take care of). If patient’s health insurance policy is involved, the airfare cost may be fully refundable (check with your insurance company).
7. Travel package may include a vacovery (vacation-recovery) element. Subject to your chosen or assigned healthcare provider's approval. Vacovery cost will be part of the original quote or added after the fact. If added after the fact, patient is solely responsible for its pre-payment. Vacovery will include: lodging at a 3+ star hotel and all needed ground transportation.
8. A personal local nurse/companion can be arranged if patient so desires.
9. Pre-payment in full is made directly by the patient or health insurance company to the medical facility/healthcare provider, unless arranged otherwise between the patient or health insurance company and the medical facility/healthcare provider.
10. Patient will have access to a large network of post-procedure clinics, hospitals and rehab centers upon their return home.
11. Health provider(s) will remain readily available to any patient after they have left Costa Rica.
Patient Journey is not an intermediary between patients and healthcare providers in Costa Rica. We connect you directly. Your treatment plan estimate will be the same whether you connect through Patient Journey or directly to any healthcare provider in Costa Rica, who is part of the Patient Journey Network of Healthcare Providers. We have done all the work for you. You'll save days, weeks, months of research...and our services do not cost you a penny!!